Soccer

Soccer
Will at play

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

In August, several dear friends, mother's of kids that were lost to suicide, joined me for lunch at our home in Lincoln, CA. My husband, Richard, made the lunch consisting of his 2 signature salads (Nicoise and Greek) and 1 signature soup (Vichyssoise). Sharing his talented gift of making terrific food and being with our friends made for a lovely Saturday afternoon. The next 3 posts will provide the recipes for Richard's signature dishes. Below is a poem that I have written to honor those grieving the memory of lost loved ones like Will. I know moms Moms that have lost children to suicide. Moms that know that pain day in day out, gut wrenching, one foot in front of the other. Marking time or not. They have found their children shot, hanging in their rooms. They have been told by police that their sons and daughters have died at the tracks by train, the bridge, and asphyxiation. They have endured the greatest loss a mom can and will ever endure. What could I have done, it is my fault, if only… Still, there are those that depend on us, that need us, the ones left behind, we need to be here for them, too! They are living on earth not at peace and no longer in pain as some may say. Alas the pain is right here in the guts and hearts of the survivors. Trying to put on that public face of “don’t worry, I’m (we’re ok)”. We’re survivors- sad & empty dads, broken hearted & crushed moms, sisters and brothers wanting them back here, now just like it was- the perfect world, all on top of our game gone now forever. I know those moms, I love those moms I am one of those moms. J Dixon-Dickens 8/8/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment