Soccer

Soccer
Will at play

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Travel and Omelets

We are back from our trip to Texas; Houston, Galveston, San Antonio and Austin. We had a great trip being with family, visiting old friends and seeing the sights. The weather was the coldest that it has been since we've being going to Texas for New Year's for the last 6 or 7 years.
On another subject, I got an omelet pan for Christmas. It is the best! I am now the omelet queen of the family. Whether plain cheese or otherwise, they turn out great every time. I start with 3 eggs, add milk and pepper, stir. Pour half into each side of the omelet pan which is already sprayed with cooking oil. I always add shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Sometimes I will spice it up with onions, mushrooms, olive and pico de gallo (to give that Latin spicy taste). After cooking, close the open pan and let set for a several seconds before turning off the gas. Flip the pan once, open and slide the omelet onto a plate. Richard and I split the omelet. Perfect every time.
Missing Will at the beginning of 2013. I am so grateful that he was with us for his first 17 years of life, he was a joy to our family and friends. We hung his Christmas stocking at home and the Dixon's. Planning 2013 giving in Will's memory.
Norah our cat...


No comments:

Post a Comment